Tuesday, August 23, 2011

4 Months

We're 4 Months Old Already...

Miss Maia Jean is 25 inches and 12.5 pounds. Personality traits I am noticing: She is patient with herself (she'll try something over and over until she gets it, without getting frustrated) but if she gets hungry she is less patient (give me food now!!!). She is independent when it comes to things like holding her own bottle and putting in her own pacifier (can't do either completely on her own but is trying SO hard!) but at the same time loves it when you talk to her and pay attention to her, and rewards you with huge smiles and even an occasional giggle. She has recently become aware of our dog and her brother, and smiles at both. She already wants to put EVERYTHING in her mouth and when I let her try a tiny bit of ice cream she LOVED it - she comes by her sweet tooth honestly!

JD is 25.5 inches and 15 pounds (a couple pounds ahead of his sister, but a couple pounds behind his mama's weight when she was 4 months!). Personality traits I am noticing about Josh - I really think he is introverted, he takes everything in and becomes really easily aggitated when he's had "too much". He is very physical (strong, wants to touch everything) and is a big lover - nothing makes him smile like his mama giving him tons of kisses and he lights up in the morning at whoever comes in to get him out of his crib. This boy is a TANK - even his doctor is surprised by his strength - and he already rolls over, tries his darndest to crawl when he's on his tummy, and flexes his legs like he wants to stand when you hold him up. He either lacks some of his sister's coordination or patience (don't know which) and gets frustrated easily when he tries to grab a toy or move in one way or another and can't do it successfully the first time. I have a feeling he's going to be the "tough guy with a big teddy bear heart".



PS - I missed the 3 month picture completely and if I sit around waiting for myself to make little number signs for both of them I'll never take the picture. So from here on out I'm adding text boxes to the pictures electronically. What can I say, being crafty is not one of my strong points.

1 comment:

  1. Great update. Thanks for posting it- I know you how busy you are.

    ReplyDelete