Here are the top 10 things I have learned from twins and most recently, toddlers
1. There will never be a time when Mama is not tired. Just when they start sleeping like normal people (kind of), their energy expands exponentially and you just have to accept you will never catch up.
2. Boys and girls are different. Just in case anyone else hadn't realized that.
3. That "mommy brian" thing? Where your mind stops functioning and you feel a lot dumber than you used to? That's REAL! I defnitely have days where I am surprised I can still speak English and shocked that I continue to be gainfully employable.
4. Extended family is the Best. Thing. Ever.
5. Just when you have reached the end of your capacity to cope with chaos, twins will do something incredibly sweet and touching that makes you want to cry and hold them in your arms forever.
6. As soon as you get your "routine" down, twins will wake up one morning and turn it upside down. As soon as I just accepted this as reality, life got a lot more fun.
7. There will never be a time when the laundry is done.
8. Double the hugs. Double the slobbery, snotty, open-mouth kisses. Double the smiles. Double the giggles. Double the fun. Double the love. Double the blessings.
9. Toddlers are suicidal beings. Jumping from high places, fascinated with knives, no sense that a moving vehicle will win. Dangerous and off limits? First thing they go to!
10. A mama of twins is the only person that can understand another mama of twins. Love my mothers of multiples kindred spirits! I have gotten invaluable advice, support, and even just listening ears from my south OC twins moms. :-)